Friday, May 1, 2009

I made it

Hi all,

I arrived relatively safe and/or sound in Phili today. The trip went rather smooth, considering I had a middle seat for the big flight from Van to Hong Kong (thanks to all my mad media, props to Paul). I'm just getting everything sorted out and so far i haven't forgotten anything except ties (which I can pick up here).

Unfortunately, it seems that something happened to my camera and the exposure is completely mangled. That means no pix on this blog for a bit. You wouldn't think that would be a problem in Asia but apparently electronics are MORE expensive here in Cebu due to taxes. Because of this, I am going to bug Paul to purchase me a new cam and send it with a co worker (are you reading this Paul??? PRETTY PLEASE???). Until then, I will try and snag some of my co-workers pics.

I haven't had a chance to get over the whole "jet lag" thing that I'm supposed to be afflicted by right now, but just in case i'm going to spend a fair bit of tomorrow at the pool. Time to get better aquanted with the Cebu sun.

I also have loaded up both dropbox and Skype so, Paul, whenever you are ready to try this stuff out. I have noticed, however, that the internet connection is slow as hell (average from 60-75 kbps) but we'll make it work.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it ok. Had 2 pints at the pub tonight in your honor (AND because I had to mark HLATs all day in a tiny conference room with two teachers who do not like each other too much...). Mr. Reese says cameras are cheap in Hong Kong...perhaps you could purchase one on a visit? Take care and hope all goes well at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we are going to be a bit of camera shopping eh? You know how I love spending other peoples money! :) I'll start looking. I'll give this Skype business a shot and get back to you soon.

    ReplyDelete